NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN – Young Women Professionals League’s 40 Under 40 Awards! Do you know a dynamic, accomplished woman under the age of 40? Then today nominate a deserving individual for a 40 Under 40 Award. Stand up and be counted.
The Young Women Professionals League was founded in 2015 by Cheresa Purnell as a philanthropic initiative for women ages 25-40. It was developed to honor and recognize young women who are rising leaders making an impact in their field. The annual 40 Under 40 Award ceremony serves as the official induction into our Young Women Professionals League (YWPL).
Our mission is to build a network of young professional women who support the holistic development of future leaders through the conduits of leadership, service, philanthropy, and sisterhood.
The Young Women Professionals League will be a global catalyst to bring solidarity, support, and a voice to girls and women leaders.
The 40 Under 40 Award is a great way to get recognized for your accomplishment and gain media attention. YWPL’s Awards Committee will select up to 40 honorees per year. Winners will receive:
- Commemorative Medallion
- YWPL Memorabilia and Paraphernalia
- Press release distributed announcing all honorees
- Recognition on YWPL’s social media outlets and website
- Private, online networking group for 40 Under 40 YWPL
- Recognition at YWPL’s events
- Opportunity to position yourself/brand as a thought-leader in your industry
As a Member of the Young Women Professionals League, She Will:
- Attend quarterly meetings and personal development sessions that allow awardees to connect with members and gain access to top industry professionals, “GEMS”, while receiving valuable tips to enhance her business acumen.
- Participate in panel discussions addressing other aspiring professionals at our quarterly “A World of OppHERtunity” Network Soiree.
- Seed a quarterly financial contribution of $40 to support our community service and philanthropic initiatives.
- Serve on one of the YWPL Committees to forward the mission of the league
Open to professional women of color residing in the metropolitan Chicagoland area under 40 years of age as of October 31, 2018. Honorees can be part of the league multiple years.
Fill out the online entry form below, including a narrative, 250 words or less. The brief essay should address the following topics:
1) How has your nominee made a positive impact as a professional/entrepreneur?
2) How has your nominee proven to be a leader in their respective industry?
3) What role does your nominee play in impacting their community and/or their respective industry in the future?